Physical Geography Research Paper Topic Overview
Our textbook divides physical geography into four sections:
Furthermore, the textbook defines physical geography as” the study of Earth’s…systems and how they… [are] changed by human activity.”
You will create a research paper that explores this. Your research will investigate the economic and social impact of meteorological, climatological, and geomorphological processes
In other words, you may explore any phenomena or process covered in the text from either the hydrosphere, lithosphere, or atmosphere; and how it either impacts or is impacted by human activity (the biosphere).
Examples include, but are not limited to:
• The impact anthropogenic additions to the atmosphere driving climate change have on developing states
• Volcanic activity shaping human settlement patterns
• How the Asian Monsoon affects human populations
• Has humans activity made landslides more dangerous
• What human activates have most affected oceanic ecosystems?
• Or many more…
There are six aspects to the assignment. The first aspect of this process is the topic submission. You will submit one to two paragraphs describing your initial proposed topic.
It may help you frame your topic by including which “sphere” you are covering and its relationship or effect on/from humans