K.B. is a 40-year-old white female with a 5-year history of psoriasis. She has scheduled an appointment with her dermatologist due to another relapse of psoriasis. This is her third flare-up since a definitive diagnosis was made. This outbreak of plaque psoriasis is generalized and involves large regions on the arms, legs, elbows, knees, abdomen, scalp, and groin. K.B. was diagnosed with limited plaque-type psoriasis at age 35 and initially responded well to topical treatment with high-potency corticosteroids. She has been in remission for 18 months. Until now, lesions have been confined to small regions on the elbows and lower legs.
Case Study Questions
1. Name the most common triggers for psoriasis and explain the different clinical types.
2. There are several types of treatments for psoriasis, explain the different types and indicate which would be the most appropriate approach to treat this relapse episode for K.B. Also include non-pharmacological options and recommendations.
3. Included in question 2
4. A medication review and reconciliation are always important in all patient, describe and specify why in this particular case is important to know what medications the patient is taking?
5. What others manifestation could present a patient with Psoriasis?
C.J. is a 27-year-old male who started to present crusty and yellowish discharged on his eyes 24 hours ago. At the beginning he thought that washing his eyes vigorously the discharge will go away but by the contrary increased producing a blurry vision specially in the morning. Once he clears his eyes of the sticky discharge her visual acuity was normal again. Also, he has been feeling throbbing pain on his left ear. His eyes became red today, so he decided to consult to get evaluated. On his physical assessment you found a yellowish discharge and bilateral conjunctival erythema. His throat and lungs are normal, his left ear canal is within normal limits, but the tympanic membrane is opaque, bulging and red.
Case Study Questions
1. Based on the clinical manifestations presented on the case above, which would be your eyes diagnosis for C.J. Please name why you get to this diagnosis and document your rational.
2. With no further information would you be able to name the probable etiology of the eye affection presented? Viral, bacterial, allergic, gonococcal, trachoma. Why and why not.
3. Based on your answer to the previous question regarding the etiology of the eye affection, which would be the best therapeutic approach to C.J problem.
Name the most common triggers for psoriasis and explain the different clinical types.
Struggling With a Similar Paper? Get Reliable Help Now.
Delivered on time. Plagiarism-free. Good Grades.
What is this?
It’s a homework service designed by a team of 23 writers based in Carlsbad, CA with one specific goal – to help students just like you complete their assignments on time and get good grades!
Why do you do it?
Because getting a degree is hard these days! With many students being forced to juggle between demanding careers, family life and a rigorous academic schedule. Having a helping hand from time to time goes a long way in making sure you get to the finish line with your sanity intact!
How does it work?
You have an assignment you need help with. Instead of struggling on this alone, you give us your assignment instructions, we select a team of 2 writers to work on your paper, after it’s done we send it to you via email.
What kind of writer will work on my paper?
Our support team will assign your paper to a team of 2 writers with a background in your degree – For example, if you have a nursing paper we will select a team with a nursing background. The main writer will handle the research and writing part while the second writer will proof the paper for grammar, formatting & referencing mistakes if any.
Our team is comprised of native English speakers working exclusively from the United States.
Will the paper be original?
Yes! It will be just as if you wrote the paper yourself! Completely original, written from your scratch following your specific instructions.
Is it free?
No, it’s a paid service. You pay for someone to work on your assignment for you.
Is it legit? Can I trust you?
Completely legit, backed by an iron-clad money back guarantee. We’ve been doing this since 2007 – helping students like you get through college.
Will you deliver it on time?
Absolutely! We understand you have a really tight deadline and you need this delivered a few hours before your deadline so you can look at it before turning it in.
Can you get me a good grade? It’s my final project and I need a good grade.
Yes! We only pick projects where we are sure we’ll deliver good grades.
What do you need to get started on my paper?
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Grading Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor pertaining to this assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
How do I place an order?
You can do so through our custom order page here or you can talk to our live chat team and they’ll guide you on how to do this.
How will I receive my paper?
We will send it to your email. Please make sure to provide us with your best email – we’ll be using this to communicate to you throughout the whole process.
Getting Your Paper Today is as Simple as ABC
No more missed deadlines! No more late points deductions!
You give us your assignments instructions via email or through our order page.
Our support team selects a qualified writing team of 2 writers for you.
In under 5 minutes after you place your order, research & writing begins.
Complete paper is delivered to your email before your deadline is up.
Want A Good Grade?
Get a professional writer who has worked on a similar assignment to do this paper for you