Internship Preparation Report FOR Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) (try to link it more on IT department when needed).
Due BEFORE you start on site. Submit to Blackboard.
• Purpose – help you understand the company you will be working for. Your Internship Site Supervisor may ask you: “What do you know about our company?”
o You need to have a knowledgeable answer or else you will look foolish:
First impressions are critical – if you give a bad answer, you will start off in a bad way and less likely to have a great experience.
Your first answers need to “WOW!” your Internship Site Supervisor.
Your Internship Site Supervisor is very busy and is doing you and Zayed University a favour to have you at their work place. They are not getting paid to help you. They are helping you because they want you to succeed. You are this country’s future.
• Report Outline (7 to 12 pages, i.e 1600 – 2500 words):
Corporate history and background;
Size and other details of the company;
o Purpose and goals of the company;
o Main projects or business activities;
o Organization, culture and values;
o My internship objectives (internship success criteria) – this is the most important part of the report. This is where the majority of your effort should be this week. Consider i) technical, ii) business, and iii) personal objectives you would like to accomplish;
o Professional conduct. Identify and write down 20 ways you can demonstrate professional conduct during your internship. One sentence is sufficient for each, but you may expand if you wish to explain the point.
o My questions about the company (e.g. ask questions about the organization, culture and values, and, your internship objectives. Ask questions about the job you will be doing);
• You must complete this report in your own words (e.g. do not cut and paste company information from their website).
• This is an individual report; not a group project.
• Spelling and grammar are important.
• Submit the Report to the Internship Coordinator at the end of the Pre-internship week.