There are three parts. Please read directions file for further details;
Part 1: 2 paragraphs for each so 4 in total
Listen to EACH of the following clips. For EACH clip answer the following questions: -If you had to describe the structure of this audio package, how would you describe it? -What did you like? -What did you dislike? -What technical features were used (music, sound effects, natural sound etc. –Be specific. i.e. what were the natural sounds, what was the special effect etc.). How were these technical features used? What did you think about how the techniques were used? Clip #1: Listen from the beginning until 6:52 (you certainly can listen to the whole thing if you like!) https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/518/except-for-that-one-thing?act=1#play Clip #2: (entire clip) http://www.npr.org/2015/03/15/390493491/police-dog-on-payroll-indiana-bones-is-womans-best-friend
Part 2: 400 words
In a post of at least 400 words, please address the following items. Please clearly indicate as you address each question.
1. What did you find most interesting in this week’s material?
2. How do you think audio can impact a multimedia story? What can it add that pictures or video cannot?
3. Explain a time where you were listening to a news story, NPR piece, TED talk, podcast etc. in your car and you had a “driveway moment”where you stayed in the car and listened until the end
4. Finally, how do you see yourself incorporating the knowledge from this week into your work the rest of the semester?
Part 3: 500 words, profile on Randy Gilson, owner of Randyland in Pittsburgh
Write the profile on the owner of Randyland, Randy Gilson. Include all information that you deem pertinent to really tell the story of that person/company. .You are telling the story of a person or company here and you need detail that cannot be found by Googling and reading the “About Us” section of the website. This piece should be written as a story, not a series of facts or bullets or list of questions/answers. Remember text formatting, links and proper grammar/writing!
2. Do NOT make the entire post an extended interview. It is more biographical/profile in nature. Paraphrase the person, setup the facts and then use the occasional quote. Be sure to cite any outside materials at the end!
What was covered this week:
This module focuses on audio.
You will learn about recording techniques, the nature of sound and how audio works into storytelling. The major assignment for this module is SPLIT into two components. Part is due at the end of this Module and part is due at the end of Module #5. This gives you plenty of time to put together a solid audio story.
You will also listen to several professional audio podcasts/stories and learn about what makes a good story. This module does have a lot of work involved. Take it slow. You will record interviews and natural sound using either your smart phone or other digital audio recorder. It is essential that you know/learn how to get audio from your particular smart phone/recorder to your computer.
We will focus on using the free audio editing program Audacity (See download information below). If you are already skilled with another audio editing program, you MAY use that for the major audio assignment. But you will need to use Audacity for some of the Case Study/Assignments within this module. Good luck!
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
1. Define the terms associated with audio
2. Evaluate the elements of a good audio story
3. Apply best practices to recording audio and properly embed audio files into web pages
4. Apply techniques and best practices to edit audio files in Audacity (or other audio editing programs)
Related Course Objectives:
(1) Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental and advanced concepts of the emerging world of new media technology and online journalism (2) Survey existing online journalism sites (3) Recognize the technical elements of web publishing (4) Design a functional online journalism news site (5) Compare and contrast the theories and practices of multimedia technologies including social networking, audio, video, blogging and information graphics
Audio storytelling videos:
1) How to tell a story. (3:29) It is slightly dated in the references, but the core information is all still on point.
2) VIDEO: Storytelling Through Sound: Making radio sound “real” (6:02):
3) LISTEN (audio): Driveway Moment (4:14):
1) READ, Interviewing #1:
2) READ Interviewing #2:
3) Watch: https://www.lynda.com/Shooting-Video-tutorials/Crafting-interview-questions/104965/127251-4.html
This video is all about creating good interview questions. While it is specifically discussing video, it is applicable to audio interviews as well.
JUST watch this 5 min 7 second clip.
4) Watch: Recording Audio/Interviewing tips (2:25):
If you had to describe the structure of this audio package, how would you describe it?
There are three parts. Please read directions file for further details;
Struggling With a Similar Paper? Get Reliable Help Now.
Delivered on time. Plagiarism-free. Good Grades.
What is this?
It’s a homework service designed by a team of 23 writers based in Carlsbad, CA with one specific goal – to help students just like you complete their assignments on time and get good grades!
Why do you do it?
Because getting a degree is hard these days! With many students being forced to juggle between demanding careers, family life and a rigorous academic schedule. Having a helping hand from time to time goes a long way in making sure you get to the finish line with your sanity intact!
How does it work?
You have an assignment you need help with. Instead of struggling on this alone, you give us your assignment instructions, we select a team of 2 writers to work on your paper, after it’s done we send it to you via email.
What kind of writer will work on my paper?
Our support team will assign your paper to a team of 2 writers with a background in your degree – For example, if you have a nursing paper we will select a team with a nursing background. The main writer will handle the research and writing part while the second writer will proof the paper for grammar, formatting & referencing mistakes if any.
Our team is comprised of native English speakers working exclusively from the United States.
Will the paper be original?
Yes! It will be just as if you wrote the paper yourself! Completely original, written from your scratch following your specific instructions.
Is it free?
No, it’s a paid service. You pay for someone to work on your assignment for you.
Is it legit? Can I trust you?
Completely legit, backed by an iron-clad money back guarantee. We’ve been doing this since 2007 – helping students like you get through college.
Will you deliver it on time?
Absolutely! We understand you have a really tight deadline and you need this delivered a few hours before your deadline so you can look at it before turning it in.
Can you get me a good grade? It’s my final project and I need a good grade.
Yes! We only pick projects where we are sure we’ll deliver good grades.
What do you need to get started on my paper?
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Grading Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor pertaining to this assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
How do I place an order?
You can do so through our custom order page here or you can talk to our live chat team and they’ll guide you on how to do this.
How will I receive my paper?
We will send it to your email. Please make sure to provide us with your best email – we’ll be using this to communicate to you throughout the whole process.
Getting Your Paper Today is as Simple as ABC
No more missed deadlines! No more late points deductions!
You give us your assignments instructions via email or through our order page.
Our support team selects a qualified writing team of 2 writers for you.
In under 5 minutes after you place your order, research & writing begins.
Complete paper is delivered to your email before your deadline is up.
Want A Good Grade?
Get a professional writer who has worked on a similar assignment to do this paper for you